The Barbie® Inspiring Women™ series pays tribute to incredible heroines of their time; courageous women who took risks, changed rules and paved the way for generations of girls to dream bigger than ever before. Despite facing racial and gender discrimination, Bessie Coleman became the first Black and Native American female aviator and the first Black person to earn an international pilot’s license. Sculpted to her likeness and wearing a traditional olive-green aviator suit, including a “BC”-initialed cap, this collectible Barbie® doll honors a high-flying icon. Includes doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity. Barbie® doll cannot stand alone. Colors and decorations may vary.
- This Barbie® Inspiring Women™ doll honors Bessie Coleman. She was the first Black and Native American female pilot, and the first Black person to earn an international pilot’s license.
- Bessie Coleman Barbie® doll wears a traditional olive-green aviator suit, tall lace-up boots and a cap emblazoned with her initials: “BC”.
- As someone who loved flying through the sky and performing aerial tricks, she naturally comes with a helmet and goggle accessories!
- May this aviatrix’s trailblazing achievements and remarkable courage inspire people everywhere to soar to greater heights.
- The Bessie Coleman Barbie® Inspiring Women™ doll comes in displayable packaging, making her a wonderful gift for collectors and children ages 6 years old and up.